Proficiency & Language Usages Skills (PLUS) Assessments
- Assess your staff interpreters’ language fluency and medical interpreting skills
- Evaluate bilingual employees for language proficiency in a healthcare environment
- Ensure you are meeting industry standards for patient care
CLI has developed a suite of PLUS (Proficiency & Language Usage Skills) Assessments to help you evaluate and document the qualifications of your language team. Our translator certification test was developed in collaboration with Dr. Jean Turner of the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey, subject matter experts, and consultants.
CLI’s Interpreter MedPLUS Assessment is a translator certification test that helps determine your staff interpreters’ language fluency and interpreting skills in a medical environment. MedPLUS Assessments evaluate their knowledge in medical terminology and professional interpreting skills.
Assessments are administered over the phone. Detailed results provided in 48-72 hours.
The Interpreter MedPLUS was informed by the standards of:
- International Medical Interpreter Association (IMIA)
- National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters (NBCMI)’s “Certified
- Medical Interpreter Candidate Handbook”
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)’s “Candidate Examination Handbook”
- Oregon Health Authority’s Health Care Interpreter (HCI) program requirements
Interpreter MedPLUS is available in the following languages: Arabic, Cantonese, French Canadian, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Mandarin, Nepali, Russian, Somali, Spanish, & Vietnamese
CLI’s Bilingual MedPLUS Assessment targets bilingual staff in a healthcare environment who directly communicate with patients in a language other than English – from doctors and nurses, to receptionists and call center agents. This assessment measures a candidate’s ability to:
- Proficiently understand general healthcare discussions and terminology
- Fluently speak with the patient in a clear, cohesive manner without needing an interpreter
- Accurately interpret specialized medical terminology
Evaluation of the Bilingual MedPLUS Assessment is based on the six levels of proficiency in the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR).
Assessments take up to 45 minutes to complete. Results are available within 48-72 hours.
The Bilingual MedPLUS assessment is currently available in Arabic, Cantonese, Mandarin, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
Stay confident – and compliant – with CLI’s PLUS Assessments
It is vital to know your bilingual staff has what it takes to communicate effectively with your limited English proficient (LEP) patients. Empower yourself with peace of mind with CLI’s language skills assessments.
To learn more or get started, request a free quote or give us a call today.