At CLI, we understand our clients’ need for utmost security. We have carefully designed our infrastructure, business model, and service delivery to exceed the most stringent of security standards.
Security is Our Top Priority
Compliance with National Security Standards
CLI takes our commitment to comply with national security standards very seriously.
- CLI holds certification that we are in full compliance with the Privacy Shield framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- CLI meets the new Joint Commission standards
- We are in compliance with DNV Healthcare standards
- All CLI employees and interpreters complete annual training, testing, and certification for HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- We are fully compliant with the HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health) Act and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
Secure, Continuous Service
We never miss a call. CLI ensures continuous service in the following ways:
- Each of our call centers are built on a secure infrastructure, equipped with dual entrance fiber builds
- Calls are routed through reliable U.S. telecom providers to ensure quality audio/video feed and connectivity
- We maintain mirrored databases on secure internal servers located in Portland, Oregon and Phoenix, Arizona
- The geodiversity of our call centers, databases, and interpreters enable CLI to provide uninterrupted service
- Multiple levels of technological redundancy guarantee utmost reliability
- Numerous power sources with backup generators guard against everything from power outages to natural disasters
Airtight Data Security
CLI successfully completed a security audit by a major international bank, and we adhere to strict data security standards.
- CLI maintains current certification for compliance with PCI Data Security Standards
- We do not document, store, or process any customer data or “personally identifiable information” (PII)
- Our corporate offices and call centers have restricted, security-card access only
- We require mandatory password-protection of all computers
- Our internal network access is protected by a two-factor VPN authentication, multiple firewalls, and digital certification
- CLI’s call centers are supervised 24/7, with continual oversight of computer activity
Highest Interpreter Security
CLI makes every effort to ensure the ongoing security of our interpreters, and confirms this with regular QA monitoring and security audits. Our interpreters:
- Must pass extensive criminal background checks
- Undergo monthly screening against exclusion lists, including OIG (Office of Inspector General), System for Award Management (SAM), and OFAC SDN (Office of Foreign Assets Control Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons)
- Are strictly bound by a signed Statement of Confidentiality and HIPAA agreement
- Must comply with the Code of Professional Ethics
- Are required to work in a secure work environment, free from distraction
- “Secure” is defined as a private location that has a locked door and is free from ambient noise
- If the office environment contains windows, proper window coverings must be in place to obscure view from the outside
- May only utilize approved landline phones
- Are required to promptly shred notes after each interpreting session
CLI reserves the right to randomly conduct on-site visits and/or video inspections of CLI interpreters’ work environments to verify they are compliant with industry standards, using approved equipment, and working from a secure office.
Rest assured. In the rare event that an interpreter is found to be in violation of ANY security standard, CLI will immediately terminate their interpreting contract and cease utilizing their services.